- 6 month paid internship
- Part-time (3 days per week)
- Starting date: September 2014
The role of the trainee
You will be assisting in the organization of EEF events. You will also undertake some administrative tasks and assist the small team in its daily tasks.
Your duties will include
- Assistance to the Director General and staff members
- Administrative support to the team including accurate and timely entering of records and information into database system as well as assisting in membership and communications matters.
- Ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day life in the office (answering phone, dealing with enquiries).
- Overseeing the organisation of EEF events: organise, manage, implement and follow-up dinner debates, lunchtime discussions, delegation visits and internal meetings.
- Co-ordinating logistical details (Sending out invitations and reminders, booking venues, catering, technical equipment, producing participant lists and name badges, etc.)
- Ensuring the smooth running of the event on the day.
The position includes occasional missions within EU.
Candidate should have reached Degree Level (not subject specific).
No experience needed.
- High level of organisational and time management skills.
- Quick, efficient and accurate in all administrative duties.
- Excellent ability to work on own initiative, as part of a small team and with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate in English in a business environment. Good level of French. Other European languages are an asset.
- Fully IT literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access (Photoshop and In Design an asset).
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills required to work with a multi-lingual, multi-cultural client base and team of colleagues.
- Highly motivated, and able to carry out several tasks at the same time.
- Ability to tackle challenges in a creative and dynamic manner.
- Ability to schedule own workload and achieve targets and deadlines.
If you feel you are the candidate we are looking for:
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Mrs Pascale Verheust firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject “EEF internship 2014 – your name”
Application deadline: 30 June 2013 (24.00h GMT). Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.